Saturday, June 16, 2007

Eight? Random Things-
Well, I've lost track now, but I have been tagged by at least three or four people to play the eight random things meme. Here's what I'm supposed to do (though so many of you have already done this I don't know that it needs repeating.)*I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.*Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.*People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.*At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.*Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

ok more cows I'll try this, eight random facts, hmm
1. I went to Two Rolling Stones concerts as a teen and was fairly bored, in both times it was the guy's idea, . Years later now as a mother of three young ones, I offered the two programs to our male babysitter, he was estatic and still has them.
2. Peter, Paul, and Mary were my favorite as a teen , even got an autograph. I missed seeing them in 1989 because of surgery, let my daughter go with her father. He took me that summer to an outdoor performing arts center to see them that summer.
3. My daughters introduced me to the Indigo Girls and i have seen them twice, once at the same performing arts center I saw, P, P, and M and the other time at a similar venue in tthe western part of the state. Favorite song Ten Thousand wars
4. Madeleine L'Engle is my favorite author, I have most everything she has written, about forty in all and have heard her speak, preach, and spent one glorious Pentacost week end on a retreat with her.
5. When I was first married I was at a synod youth school and William Sloan Coffin was the guest speaker. I was dressed up in a favorite long dress with flowing eyelet sleeves and a big floppy brim hat. I sat in the back row, attracting Mr. Coffin's attention, he asked me to wave if I could not hear him, I was mildly embarassed but also pleased.
6. Once in 1987 my husband and I went to a fundraising event for our local PBS station where Bill Keeshan , Captain Kangaroo was speaking. It was at an old grand hotel in a reception area, I went to the bar, to get a drink, stepped back, into someone, I turned and said, very calmly, "Oh, I'm sorry, Captain."
7. I LOVE Mr. Rogers
8. Although L'Engle is my favorite authur I have four favorite novels by others. "To Kill a Mocking Bird, (read it several times)," A Prayer for Owen Meaney," and "Lamb: the Gospel according to Biff, Christ's Childhood Friend" I laughed hyterically and love to sing the song in it, "The Secret Life of Bees "
9. ok one more my favorite childhood memory of New York City is a sandbox in a playground behind Grant's Tomb. I re found it as an adult.

ok, eight people, Angelica, sil D.B., f.f. D.W., CynFingers, ( boy that came from a distant part of my mind), dear friend and mother of my beloved goddaughters, D.S., Brother L.,L'arche friend and the co creator of the O'Haire greeting,K.A., and last but not least, my dear sweet awesome friend and triathalon, J.A.

So I'll send you all a note and look forward to hearing from you, Daisy

2 comments:

more cows than people said...

thanks for playing, daisy. never heard the william sloane coffin story before!

more cows than people said...

o.k. daisy. time to blog again.